INTERNATIONAL DIPLOMA IN SPANISH (DIE)
The International Diploma in Spanish is recognised by Courses of Spanish Language and Culture of the University Pontificia of Salamanca Diploma in Spanish, offering children from the age of 7, young people and adults, the possibility of obtaining qualifications which vouch for their level of linguistic ability in Spanish: oral, written, or both. This qualification is divided as followed:
- Ten oral levels: Elemental, Pre-intermediate, Intermediate, Advanced and Superior. Each stage has two levels.
- Five written levels: Elemental, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, Advanced and Superior.
- Four levels of specialisation: Spanish Teachers foreing language, Business, Health and Tourism.
The possibility of choosing the on-line modality, written, oral and specialised. The objective of the DIE consists of evaluating the capacity of each candidate to communicate effectively with other Spanish speakers.
-Elemental (levels 1-2): Conversation between examiner and candidate (6-7 minutes).
-Basic (levels 3-4): Conversation on a subject that the student prepares and presents (10 minutes).
-Intermediate (levels 5-6): Conversation on: a subject prepared and presented by the student as well as onanother subject that he will choose from those proposed by the examiner (15 minutes).
-Advanced (levels 7-8): Conversation on: a subject prepared and presented by the student as well as on another subject that he will choose from those proposed by the examiner (20 minutes).
-Superior (levels 9-10): Conversation on: a subject prepared and presented by the student as well as on another two subjects that he will choose from those proposed by the examiner. Reading of a text about which the examiner will ask various questions with the aim of assessing the student’s level of comprehensione (25 minutes).
This test is worth a total of 100 points, which will be distributed in accordance with the following assessment criteria:
• Grammatical Correctness
In order to pass this test a minimum of 65% must be obtained. If a result of 85% or over is obtained the Diploma will contain a distinction. The minimum result must be achieved in each criteria in order to pass the exam. The oral and the writen test are independent. The candidate can pass both or just one of them. In the last case the candidate will only get the Diploma of the passed past.
• The candidates who whis to do the exams to get the DIE can choose between the oral and the written part or both of them. The DIE is also available online.
•The International Diploma in Spanish or DIE exam, can be sat either in Spain or in the rest of the World, FIDESCU holds exams in different countries through its system of International Co-ordinators and Examination Centres.
• Any students interested in sitting the exam can do so in their schools or in the public or private centres in which they take Spanish courses.
• People who already have a certain level of Spanish and who do not need to take a course can also sit the DIE exam.
• Exams are held throughout the year, and each centre interested in participating can choose the dates that are most convenient for its students.
• The contents of the DIE exam are flexible and varied, the student can choose the subjects of conversation that interest him most.
• The students do not have obtain all the levels before achieving level 10, if his knowledge of Spanish allows it he can sit the exams for the level he believes to be most appropriate to him in that moment.
The Network of Examination Centres of The International Diploma of Spanish (DIE) is composed by centres which have been accredited by The Foundation for the Development into and Research of Spanish Culture, FIDESCU. Those Centres have a high standard of quality in teaching Spanish language.